BPG bwUniCluster Karlsruhe
- 1 Introduction
- 2 System Access
- 3 System Architecture and Configuration
- 4 User Evironment
- 5 Programming Environment
- 6 Debugging, Performance Analysis and Tuning
- Please try to avoid redundancies as far as possible.
- Generic information should go to Generic Best Practice Users_Guide.
2 System Access
Describe registration procedure
- URL (maybe with screenshots of procedure?)
2.2 Remote Access
- Login node
- Describe how to transfer data to system (scp)
3 System Architecture and Configuration
3.1 System Configuration
Describe general system configuration such as
- Operating system
- Processor types
Describe available file systems/storage, e.g.
- local/global scatch space
- parallel file system
- Workspace tools if available
4 User Evironment
- Default shell
- System specific environment (e.g. $WORK)
4.1 Batch System
- Describe batch system configuration, essential user commands, limits, etc.
- Maybe include example of simple batch script and how to submit.
4.2 Interactive Work
- How to work interactively (dedicated interactive nodes, submission of interactive jobs)
- How to do remote visualization.
- Describe applications that are specific for this cluster (more generic applications preferably should go to general Users Guide in order to avoid redundancies)
5 Programming Environment
- Which compilers are available on system?
- Which (numerical) libraries are available?
6 Debugging, Performance Analysis and Tuning
- Describe programming tools and hardware/architecture specific tweaks