BwHPC BPG Performance Analysis Tools
The bwHPC clusters offer several tools to help you with using the cluster hardware most efficiently.
Several methodologies exist to gain insight into the performance of your jobs and the processes they run.
1 Open Source Tools
- valgrind (tool with focus on memory leaks)
- gdb (general purpose debugger)
- pahole (Data structure analysis as part of the Dwarves Tools)
2 Parallel Debugging
- The software ARM Forge (formerly Allinea DDT) is available for parallel debugging purposes.
- The software Allinea / ARM MAP is available for parallel software profiling purposes.
3 Parallel Performance Analysis
- The software Allinea / ARM Performance Reports is available for performance characterization.
- The Vampir performance analysis tools -- including the Vampir Landeslizenz for bwHPC.
4 External Links