Hardware and Architecture (bwForCluster Chemistry)
The bwForCluster for computational and theoretical Chemistry Justus is not in live operation yet. The cluster is scheduled to enter live operation on December 5th, 2014.
1 System Architecture
The bwForCluster for computational and theoretical Chemistry Justus is a high-performance compute resource with high speed interconnect. It is intended for chemistry-related jobs with high memory (RAM,disk) needs and medium to low requirements to the node-interconnecting Infiniband network.
1.1 Basic Software Features
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- Queuing System: MOAB/Torque
- Environment Modules system to access software
1.2 Common Hardware Features
A total of 444 compute nodes plus 10 nodes for login, admin and visualization purposes.
- Processor: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2630v3 Prozessor (Haswell, 8-core, 2.4 GHz)
- Two processors per node (2x8 cores)
- 1x QDR InfiniBand HCA, single Port, Intel TrueScale
1.3 Node Types
There are three types of compute nodes, matched for increasingly less scalable and more memory-intensive (RAM and disks) jobs.
|Diskless nodes||SSD nodes||Large Memory nodes|
|Disks||-||4x 240 GB Enterprise SSD||4x 480 GB Enterprise SSD|
|RAID||-||RAID 0||RAID 0|