BwUniCluster 2.0 Maintenance/2021-10
The following changes are currently planned for the maintenance interval starting on 11.10.2021 (Monday) at 8 AM and ending on 15.10.2020 (Friday) at 12 AM.
This list will be extended and specified in the next days and weeks and is subject to change
- The Broadwell Login nodes (uc1e.scc.kit.edu) will be taken out of service permanently due to ongoing hardware and software issues and low utilisation. It is still possible to generate code for the Broadwell nodes using the compilers installed on the normal login nodes, or by starting an interactive job on the Broadwell compute nodes.
- All firmware versions on all components will be upgraded.
2 Operating system
- The operating system version may be upgraded to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8.4. Should this happen we recommend to re-compile all applications after the upgrade.
3 Compilers, Libaries and Runtime Environments
4 Development tools
5 Userspace tools
- The workspace tools will be switched to a different, more modern implementation. The workspace management commands will not change, and all existing workspaces will be converted automatically.
6 Software Modules
The following list it not exhaustive.
- Update math/R software module to latest version 4.1.x.
7 Batch system
- Upgrade of the Lustre file systems
9 Graphics stack
- The NVIDIA driver will be updated to the most recent version available.
- The JupyterHub version will be updated to a more recent version.