1 Registration bwUniCluster
The bwUniCluster 2.0 is the universal cluster for tier 3 high performance computing (HPC) in Baden-Württemberg. It is co-financed by the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg and the shareholders:
- Universität Freiburg
- Universität Heidelberg
- Universität Hohenheim
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Universität Konstanz
- Universität Mannheim
- Universität Stuttgart
- Universität Tübingen
- Universität Ulm
- HAW BW e.V. (an association of several universities of applied sciences in Baden-Württemberg)
All members of the shareholder universities can apply for an account.
The use of the bwUniCluster is free of charge.
1.1 Three Steps for Registration
The registration process for the bwUniCluster is divided into three steps:
- Step A: You need to get the bwUniCluster Entitlement from your university/college.
→ Step A: bwUniCluster Entitlement
- Step B: You need to register for the service bwUniCluster.
→ Step B: bwUniCluster Registration
- Step C: You need to fill out the bwUniCluster questionnaire within 14 days.
→ Step C: bwUniCluster Questionnaire
Please fill out the bwUniCluster questionnaire within 14 days after registration. Otherwise your login to the cluster will be deactivated.
After registering, please refer further to Information for already registered users at the bottom of the page and to the cluster-specific pages below bwHPC Systems in the menu on the left.
1.2 Information for already registered users
- If you want to login to the bwUniCluster, please refer to the general
→ Login Guide
- If you want to create a second factor, please refer to
→ Generate a Second Factor (2FA)
- If you need to change or forgot your password for the bwUniCluster, please refer to the general
→ Password Guide
- If you want to use SSH keys on the bwUniCluster, please refer to
→ Registering SSH Keys with your Cluster
- If you want do de-register your user account from the bwUniCluster, please refer to the general
→ De-registration Guide
1.3 Contact / Support
If you have questions or problems concerning the bwUniCluster registration, please contact your local hotline.